-SourceTech is looking for a Certified Dietary Manager located in Middleton, Wisconsin.Company Information
Company Name: iit
Company Address: 5400 Patton Ave Suite 2A
Company City: Lisle
Company State: IL
Company Zip: 60532
Company Website: www.iit-sourcetech.comJob Information
Job Title: Certified Dietary Manage
Job Location: Middleton, WI
Job Type: Full-Time
Required Licenses/Certifications: CDM, CFPPJob Description
This position must provide management for the Dietary Department, ensuring quality food. The Director of Culinary Services will direct and assist the preparation and serving of regular meals and therapeutic diets, order food and supplies and maintain area and equipment in sanitary
condition and assure the smooth operation with other nursing home departments.
The Director of Dining Services is responsible for following all iit
/SourceTech Systems and Guidelines that are presented during the On-Boarding phase and Continued Education provided by the Company.
Essential Job Functions
- Is responsible for food purchase from approved vendors, production, and timely service of meals.
- Directs and supervises all dietary functions and personnel.
- Maintains cost records and works to meet budget guidelines.
- Hires, orientates, trains, counsels, disciplines, and when appropriate, terminates
- Schedules work hours and assignments; also reviews and checks staff work performance.
- Is responsible to see that each shift is properly staffed.
- Develops job descriptions, cleaning schedules, and other dietary management tools.
- Checks in and inventories incoming food and supplies.
- Assures that proper storage is available, and that handling of food and supplies complies with current guidelines.
- Processes new diet orders and diet changes when received from nursing service. Always keeps diet information updated.
- Plans and assists in preparation
and service of holiday and special meals and functions.
- Visits residents to do initial nutritional assessment and screening, explain diet, record food preferences, and promote a quality food service.
- Visits all residents at least one time per quarter. Residents at nutritional risk are visited weekly. Documents all visits.
- Participates in department head meetings.
- Evaluates work performance and gives evaluations to dietary employees. Maintains the personnel records of the dietary employees.
- Coordinates dietary services with nursing service and activities director. Nutritional Notes are to be completed monthly for all residents at nutritional risk.
- Assures that food and supplies are available for use by dietary personnel.
- Checks trays for accuracy before they are delivered.
- Maintains the standardized recipes in which the recipes are adjusted to the size of the facility.
- Checks diet orders that are received against physicians’ orders at least once a month. Notify nursing of discrepancy
- Inspects storage areas on a weekly basis for proper temperatures, cleanliness, and order.
- Assists in cleaning procedures as needed.
- Inspects Dietary Department regularly to ensure that it is safe and sanitary.
- Submits written reports to administration
- Plans and presents in-service education programs for the Dietary Department.
- Investigates on-the-job injuries and corrects the problem and/or retrains the employee as necessary.
- Ensures continued compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Maintains current Care Plan for each resident through interdisciplinary Care Plan meetings and updating when necessary.
- Reports any problems to the Dietitian Consultant and/or Director of Nursing. Maintains the security of the Dietary Department.
- Is responsible for knowing, understanding, and conveying to other dietary staff personnel the Federal and State rules and regulations regarding nursing home dietary requirements and is responsible for their enforcement within the scope of the Dietary Department.
- Understand facility’s fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
- Perform other department duties assigned by Corporate Director of Dining Services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Required Experience
Health Care Dining >1 yearRequired Education
high school or equivalentSalary
$45,000-$55,000To apply, send resume and cover letter email@example.com