Dignity Health is looking for a Clinical Dietitian located in Merced, CaliforniaCompany Information
Company Name: Dignity Health
Company Address: 333 Mercy Avenue
Company City: Merced
Company State: CA
Company Zip: 95340
Company Website: www.mercymercedcares.org
Company Description: Mercy Medical Center Merced and Memorial Hospital in Bakersfield are known for the quality of care, and advanced medical services. Each hospital is also supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to provide additional funding for new programs and services as well as to advance each community’s access to health care. Regardless of your needs, Dignity Health is here for you and your family always. It’s how we define humankindness
Job Title: Clinical Dietitian
Job Location: Merced, CA and Bakersfield, CA
Job Type: Full-Time
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid Registration as a Registered DietitianJob Description
Provides medical nutritional therapy to patients by assessing nutritional status, developing a plan of care to maintain or improve nutritional status, periodically evaluating the patient's response to the plan of care, and modifying it as required for optimal outcomes. Counsels patients and/or families about food requirement, eating habits, and therapeutic nutrition.
- Completes patient nutritional assessment and establishes plan
of care for patient's nutritional requirements; utilizes assessment and evaluation techniques that consider the varied needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
- Documents assessment, plan, actions and
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements educational materials to meet the needs of patients and clinical professionals. Serves as an expert resource and collaborates with the multi-disciplinary medical team on any nutrition-related matters.
- Participate in care planning meetings, rounds, and test trays in the kitchen.
- Knowledge of therapeutic approaches and principles of Medical Nutrition Therapy and ability to plan, develop and deliver nutritional interventions as well as provide individualized dietary consultations.
- Knowledge of and ability to assess patients and develop and implement a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of education
concepts and techniques; the ability to educate people about food requirement, eating habits, and therapeutic nutrition.
- Knowledge of principles and practices associated with menu planning; ability to plan nutritious and varied meals for patients and staff.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules and
regulations governing dietary guidelines; ability
to apply these theories to design, develop and maintain a healthy diet.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques; ability to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner. Required Experience
Minimum one (1) year experience as a Registered Dietitian; Working experience in an acute care hospital highly preferred
Valid registration as a Registered DietitianRequired Education
Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or related fieldSalary
$53,534 - $85,654To apply, send resume and cover letter toLori.Westbrooks@dignityhealth.org