Thomas Cuisine is looking for a Health Center Manager / CDM located in Delray Beach, Florida
Company Name: Thomas Cuisine
Company Address: 401 E Linton Blvd.
Company City: Delray Beach
Company State: Florida
Company Zip: 33483
Company Website: www.thomascuisine.com
Company Description: Contract Food Service Company
Job Title: Health Center Manager / CDM
Job Location: Delray Beach, FL
Job Type: Full Time
Required Licenses/Certifications: CDM, CFPP
Health Center Manager
Delray Beach, FL
Thomas Cuisine is a contract food service company who outsources the management team that runs food services in hospitals, corporate dining and upscale continued care retirement communities. We bring real value into our team culture that allows us to attract the best people with engaging and rewarding experiences. The people we hire are passionate about food and being part of a team that exceeds our customers' expectations. Thomas Cuisine is committed to delivering REAL food prepared by our exceptional culinary teams.
REAL Food | Genuine Service | Enduring Relationships
Responsible for the nutritional care of patients, managing the staff in the health center, nutrition education, and promotion of nutrition services within an upscale continuing care community. The Clinical Dietitian communicates directly with patients, nurses, and other caregivers, primary physicians, and family concerning therapeutic diet requirements, recommendations, and diet education. Individual group diet counseling and class teaching is within the job description.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for then nutritional care of patients aged infant to elderly
- Leading the culinary team in the Health Center
- Conducts timely screening of patients
- Monitors nutritional care of patients and may write special diets for personalized care of patients if needed
- Accurately calculates and recommends enteral/parenteral feedings
- Conducts weight and calorie counts in a timely manner and accurately communicates to the attending physician
- Acts as a liaison on behalf of the patient's nutritional care with medical staff making recommendations and contacts when necessary
Provides for the nutrition education of patients, patient caregivers, and/or support staff
- Performs inpatient/family and caregiver diet therapy to meet the specific need
- Provides in-service education training for Nutrition Services staff and other health care providers regarding nutritional care
- Supports other departments with in-house education programs assigned by Nutrition Services Manager
- Develops forms and education materials which are beneficial to patient education and care
Communicates the nutritional needs of patients to the nutrition services staff to assure appropriate food service to patients
- Reviews menu as patient requirements indicates
- Completes and updates patient information and/or communicates patient preferences to dietary staff before meal service
- Solves minor problems between patient requests and therapeutic diet requirements
Supports the role of Nutrition Services on multi-disciplinary health care teams and cooperates with other departments
- Serves on a multi-disciplinary team giving expertise to enhance patient care, ie.e. Acute Care rounds and discharge planning
- Initiates communication with other health care members to enhance the position of nutrition
- Fosters good relationships with medical practitioners and generally promotes Nutrition Services within the hospital and community
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality. Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Meets the continuing educational requirements as required under the current state licensure.
Required: Bachelors and/or advanced degree in nutrition of foods and nutrition from an accredited school. Registered Dietician Status or eligible by the Commission on Registration or the American Dietetic Association. Current state licensure. Prefer membership to the American Dietetic Association. Current CPR certification.
Required: Experience in clinical dietetics, charting, diet instruction, and community teaching is desired. Good verbal and writing skills are essential. Minimum of one year of experience in a health care setting. Experience in working with clients who have dietary problems related to illness. Previous work with terminally ill patients/families is preferred.
CDM or Registered Dietitian
CDM or Registered Dietitian
$51,000 to $55,000
To apply, send resume and cover letter to http://thomascuisine.com/food-service-careers/food-management-job-description/?gnk=job&gni=8a78859e69b7efa40169da6aa3a729f3&gns=Other